Monday, January 17, 2011

Shilpa Ray & Her Happy Hookers- Teenage & Torture


When it comes to listening to Shilpa Ray & Her Happy Hookers newest release, Teenage & Torture, I'm like a nerd who needs to grab my inhaler every time one track ends and the next begins. I mean, I'm not saying that you're a nerd if you need an inhaler, but you are, and so am I... especially when it comes to this album. Its smokey dive bar infused rock at its finest. Shilpa can switch from intense rip-your head-off screams in "Stick It To The Woman" to velvety jazz vocals in "Dames A Dime A Dozen." My favorite track "Erotolepsy" is a vaudevillian dance tune that highlights Ray's accordion skills. This album is mesmerizing and hold on let me take a breath, an excellent start to the new year.

WECB GOES BACK ON AIR ON FEBRUARY 1st! Tune in to hear Shilpa Ray  & Her Happy Hookers, and of course... tons of PILE!




-Margaret

No comments:

Post a Comment

Agree? Disagree? Tell us, we can handle it.

Search This Blog